-----Original Message-----
From: George Clark [mailto:gsclark@triumf.ca]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2014 1:07 AM
To: Marco Marchetto
Cc: Reiner Kruecken; James Maloney; Rituparna Kanungo; Rick Baartman;
Friedhelm Ames; Neil McLean; Cynthia Reis; Rotem Gazit (AAPSinc); Remy
Dawson; Doug Preddy; George S Clark; docushare
Subject: [CANREB-HRS] Vacuum Chamber <to:Canreb>

To:       Marco Marchetto                    September 25, 2014

From:     George Clark

cc:       Reiner Kruecken
           Jim Maloney
           Rituparna Kanungo
           Rick Baartman
           Friedhelm Ames
           Neil McLean, AAPS
           Cynthia Reis, AAPS
           Rotem Gazit, AAPS
           Remy Dawson
           Doug Preddy
           docushare

Re:       [CANREB-HRS] Vacuum Chamber <to:Canreb>

Dear Marco,

One of yesterday's questions was:

      Does the magnet with the vacuum chamber installed, fit down
      the shaft?

The answer is maybe.  See AlumVacBox140925.pdf.  To be able to lower the
magnet including the vacuum chamber down the shaft we would have to

      1.   move the small flange closer to the field clamp
      2.   have the plumbing and bus-work de-mountable.
      3.   move the big flange closer to the field clamp.

Moving the big flange closer to the field clamp will probably complicate the
design of the field clamp and complicate modifying the clamp after field
mapping.

We should

      1.   Check the physical dimensions of the shaft. [The shaft
           gets bigger about 700 to 800 mm down from the top.]
      2.   Design the water and DC connections so that they are
           easily removed and re-installed.
      3.   Design the magnet so that it can be assembled piece-by-
           piece at the bottom of the shaft just in case lowering
           the assembly whole does not work.

regards
George