[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[CANREB-HRS] Vacuum Chamber
- To: Chris Philpott <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [CANREB-HRS] Vacuum Chamber
- From: George Clark <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 13:06:04 -0700
- Cc: Marco Marchetto <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Reiner Kruecken <email@example.com>, Neil McLean <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Cynthia Reis <email@example.com>, James Maloney <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Rituparna Kanungo <email@example.com>, Friedhelm Ames <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Thomas Planche <email@example.com>, Rick Baartman <Rick.Baartman@triumf.ca>, Asita Perera <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Morgan Dehnel <email@example.com>, Tobin Jones <firstname.lastname@example.org>, George S Clark <email@example.com>, Doug Preddy <Preddy@triumf.ca>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.6.0
To: Chris Philpott May 15, 2015
Buckley Systems Ltd.
From: George Clark
cc: Marco Marchetto
Re: [CANREB-HRS] Vacuum Chamber
I just was in a meeting with Melissa Trochon, Darrell Wong, and
Morgan Dehnel. Melissa is New Zealand's Trade Commissioner in
Vancouver. Darrell is from New Zealand Trade & Enterprise. They
described some of Buckley's capabilities in making Aluminum
We are in the early stages of thinking about the HRS' vacuum
chamber. Stainless is out because of the magnetic welds. We
have been thinking of using Aluminum, but the physicists are
worried about charge build up on the aluminum-oxide layer.
The usual plating process involves chemically removing the oxide
layer and electroplating first Nickel then gold. Sometimes they
put down copper, then nickel, then gold. We are worried about
the nickel--it is magnetic.
I have read* of a direct plating method where the oxide is
removed in the same bath that the electroplating is done. The
gold is plated directly onto the Aluminum. "This technique has
only limited use in industry."
Does Buckley have experience plating the inside of aluminum
vacuum chambers with gold? without nickel?
*read = 3 sentences on a web site.
I have been asked to mark all HRS correspondence as Confidential.
Would you, and all readers of this email, please treat it and any
attachments as confidential.