Re: HRS Vacuum chamber Exit Flange

Hi George,

Here is a picture of the model I am working with. I estimate the placement of the flange based on the sketch we had for the design note. The rectangular chamber is +/- 200 mm horizontally and +/- 25 mm vertically. The chamber has a uniform thickness of 10 mm. The cylindrical part is actually much smaller that you proposed. It's inner radius is 250 mm.

Jim

On 09/09/2015 7:57 AM, gsclark@triumf.ca wrote:
Jim,
There probably should be a bellows between the
Magnet vacuum box and the multipole vacuum box.
I should spend some time looking for one.
regards
George
from home

On 08/09/2015 12:31 PM, George Clark wrote:
To: Jim Maloney                   September 8, 2015

From:     George Clark

cc:       Marco Marchetto

Re:       HRS Vacuum chamber Exit Flange

Dear Jim,

You asked about the HRS Vacuum chamber exit flange position, size
and shape.  See Vacbox_Exit_150908.pdf page 1

Does your multipole fit inside a 337.3 mm diameter?  See page 2.

regards
George
Hi George,

Yes, in fact it is much smaller than that.  My current model has an
outer radius of 230 mm.  The inner radius is 180 mm.  Although this will
accomodate the good field region width of +/- 160 mm, I will probably
need to increase it a bit.  337 mm gives me a lot of room to play with.

Jim